Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mayoral Primary Aftermath

I told you Weiner would be the inevitable victor in the 2013 New York City mayoral primary. Apparently, he had the chutzpah to lose. My bad.

This brings up the larger question. How could the public do this to me?

I thought voters would embrace him. Apparently people don’t care much about that old “conflict of interest” thing that attached to his opponents.

And maybe for good reason.

Maybe the public sees conflict of interest for what it is — the ability to hold two opposing thoughts at the same time. And isn’t that a sign of intelligence?

I’ve been wrong before. I was sure Nixon would win in 1960. I remember saying, “these are mediocre times, and we need a man of the times.” I was wrong in 1972. Instead of going back to Nixon, I knew McGovern would blow him out of the water. I mean, how could he lose? He had the Guam vote all wrapped up. To be fair to myself, I called it correctly in 2000; but did the Supreme Court care?


This New York City mayoral election marks the first time I publicly placed an official pundit crown upon my head. I’d show you a picture of it, but I’m having the propellers reattached in the beanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment